Embark on a guided tour of the National Marine Aquarium, with our virtual experiences! See the UK’s largest public aquarium, home to over 5,000 amazing marine creatures, led by a member of our dedicated Schools Team from the comfort of your own classroom!
- 90 minutes bespoke virtual experiences with an education professional
- Access to exclusive post tour lesson plans and downloadable resources
- Price £120 for a class up to 32 students (Including VAT)
- For additional classes to join the same tour, it’s £60 per additional class.
Each Virtual Experiences booking includes access to five exclusive cross-curricular post-tour workshop activities, perfect for extending your pupils’ learning. Ideal for organizing an Ocean-themed activity day for your class.
All tours are linked to the science curriculum and delivered by our fully trained Schools Officers, who will answer your students’ questions, and pose their own interesting questions to prompt and develop your students’ learning. We offer three different Virtual Tour options:
Enchanted Seas (EYFS/KS1)
- Observe the colors, patterns, and shapes of creatures in various ocean habitats.
- Compare the structures of different ocean creatures and how they use tails, fins, and gills for survival.
- Learn how animals are classified based on diet and survival needs.
Beneath the Waves (KS2)
- Explore Ocean creature adaptations and predator-prey interactions.
- Classify species by physical features and reproduction methods.
- Discuss Ocean importance, human impact, and conservation actions.
Changing Seas (KS3/4)
- Explore ocean habitats and ecosystems, observing species interactions and adaptations.
- Learn about biologist roles in animal nutrition and water quality maintenance.
- Reflect on human impacts and positive conservation outcomes.
Virtual ‘Meet the Mermaid’
- Recognise the key features of different sea creatures.
- Identify objects from the Ocean and the animals they came from.
- Anticipate what will happen in a story that is read to them.
Through participating in our virtual ‘Meet the Mermaid’ sessions, your pupils will have a magical experience as they interact with one of our own resident mermaids!
Tuning in live from their enchanting mermaid cave, the mermaid will show your pupils a range of fascinating under sea specimens such as shark jaws and turtle shells, whilst covering a range of topics all linked to the EYFS Statutory Framework and Key Stage 1 curriculum.show more
Your pupils will have lots of fun pretending to be different sea-creatures, learning weird and wonderful facts and will even have opportunity to ask the mermaid questions about life under the sea. The session will finish with a story of your choice, all of which introduce pupils to Ocean conservation themes in positive and inspiring way. Your pupils will be left motivated to protect the Ocean and keen to find out more about life beneath the waves.show less
To arrange your Schools Virtual Tour, or find out more, contact our team at email@example.com or call us direct on 01752 275 233
For more information on our virtual experiences, please click on the link below:
There are three tour options as outlined above, each pitched to a specific key stage. We endeavour to make sure that our tours are accessible for all pupils, so if there are any specific requirements to ensure the tour meets their needs, please get in touch to discuss with a member of our team.
No. The virtual tour is a bespoke experience, which we tailor to meet the needs of your students.
The tour will cost £120 for a class of up to 32 pupils. You will be invoiced after the tour has taken place.
We recommend one class per tour in order to ensure a bespoke experience and the best level of interactivity between students and their guide.
Yes, it is possible to add additional participants to the video link by agreement with our team during the booking stage at a cost of £60 per additional class. We are unable to admit unexpected guests into the meeting room, so please do not share with other classes unless by prior agreement with our administration team.
Yes. If you have a specialist topic you are covering, please inform us of this when you make your booking.
Tours are available on weekdays during term-time. Our standard timeslots are shown below. Get in touch to discuss your needs if these times are unsuitable:
- 9:30 – 11:00
- 11:30 – 13:00
- 13:30 – 15:00
You will need access to a webcam, microphone and an internet connection. We recommend that you project the screen onto a whiteboard.
The tours will be delivered through Microsoft Teams. If you do not have a Microsoft Teams account, or have never used Microsoft Teams, then please don’t worry. You will receive detailed instructions on how to access the meeting in advance of the tour, and our dedicated team will be available to support you with any troubleshooting as you prepare for your tour.
Yes. Microsoft Teams is a safe and secure communications platform of the highest quality. If you would like to discuss any concerns with a member of our team, please call us on 01752 275 233.
To book a tour, please contact our Learning Team on 01752 275233 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have booked your Virtual Tour with us, you will receive:
- A confirmation email with an Information Sheet attached. This will include step by step instructions to guide you through the process of accessing your tour. This will also contain a link which allows you to download the full suite of support resources from our online archive.
Our Virtual Tours are run by the Ocean Conservation Trust; a registered Ocean Conservation Charity (registered charity number 1032491). As part of our mission to Connect everyone to the Ocean, we provide a selection of zero cost resources on our website (www.Oceanconservationtrust.org). In addition to these, we also produce a small number of premium products, the sale of which helps to fund the essential conservation projects and education programmes that are the core of our operation.
To stay updated on upcoming virtual learning opportunities with the Ocean Conservation Trust, sign up for our mailing list below.