The Ocean Conservation Trust is a global Ocean conservation charity. We recognise that to protect nature, you need to start with people. #ThinkOcean
We are committed to protecting and sustaining our Ocean. We help people connect with the Ocean by starting exciting conversations and deliver innovative Ocean habitat restoration projects, to secure a future for the Ocean that we all rely on.
Why do we exist?
The Ocean is the foundation of all life on earth, and here at the Ocean Conservation Trust, we exist to strengthen that foundation.
Our vision is a world supporting a healthy Ocean to sustain all life.
A healthy Ocean is of fundamental importance in securing our future on planet Earth. 50% of the oxygen we breathe comes from the Ocean. The Ocean is a massive influence on our weather and climate. Billions of people rely on the Ocean for food – and research has shown that being in, on or near it offers countless benefits for our health and wellbeing,
At the Ocean Conservation Trust it is our mission to connect people with our Ocean and to inspire and encourage pro-Ocean behaviour, to create a world that supports a healthy Ocean, for the benefit and enjoyment of us all.
Why we need the Ocean
- The Ocean made the earth habitable and continues to be the foundation for life on Earth
- 50% of the Earth’s oxygen comes from the Ocean
- The Ocean has a huge influence on our weather and climate
- Billions of people rely on the Ocean for food
- Being near to, on, in or under the Ocean has proven benefits to human health and wellbeing
- Global art and culture uses the Ocean is an important source of inspiration
We are all inextricably linked to the Ocean, whoever we are and wherever we live. That’s why we all need to Think Ocean a little more in all that we do.
Find out more about Our Approach.