Vacancy 1 – 12 hours per week (Saturdays and Sundays)
Vacancy 2 – 18 hours per week (Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays)
The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity with a mission of ‘Connecting us with our Ocean’.
We are committed to conserving the marine environment and inspiring others to do the same. The Discovery and Learning Team at the Ocean Conservation Trust is looking to recruit 2 permanent members of staff to join our Ocean Discovery Rangers.
As an Ocean Discovery Ranger you will interact with the public and communities both at our hub the National Marine Aquarium and through our many ocean discovery activities and events. Your main aim will be to contribute to our behaviour change programme promoting ocean conservation action though fun and engaging experiences. Some evening shifts will be required to run our public engagement evenings.
Strong applicants who meet the essential criteria below will be invited for interview.
The hourly rate of pay is £10.42.
• Interest and enthusiasm for/knowledge of marine wildlife and conservation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility in work pattern.
• Experience working with children, young people and/or adults in an informal or formal educational setting.
• Relevant background (marine biology, conservation, environment, education).
• Experience of environmental education sessions and activities.
To apply: Please send the following to Lottie.email@example.com
· CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role.
· One minute video talking about your favourite sea creature or habitat.
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 28th May 2023.
Interview date: 13th June
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit; however, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.