Salary c. £30,000 pa
Are you an experienced HR professional with strong generalist experience? Are you looking to make real impact in improving employee engagement for your people?
The OCT is an Ocean conservation charity, focussed on habitat restoration and behaviour change, that owns and runs the National Marine Aquarium, one of Plymouth’s top tourist attractions.
We are seeking an HR Advisor to provide a full generalist service to the organisation which has approximately 75 contracted staff and 30+ casuals. The role is offered on a permanent full time basis but part-time hours would be considered.
As the sole HR Advisor within the business, you will be a member of the Senior Management Team and have regular interaction with all key internal stakeholders. You will deal with both operational HR issues, project work and HR Administration. It is a fast paced vibrant working environment and is an exciting time to be joining the organisation which has ambitious plans. You will have a key part to play in the development of the strategic plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the sole HR presence and first point of contact for employees, team leaders and managers in the NMA and OCT providing expert advice and dealing with matters in a timely manner.
- Make sound judgement on when to escalate matters, identifying risks and looking at possible solutions.
- Proactively manage employee relations cases ranging from formal grievance to disciplinary investigations whilst ensuring correct and fair processes are followed at all times throughout the investigations
- Undertaking various administration tasks relating to the HR life cycle and maintaining the HR database.
We’re looking for someone with;
- Demonstrable HR experience, including exposure to a wide range of ER issues
- Level 5 CIPD qualification
- Strong understanding of UK employment law legislation
- Experience of coaching, influencing and building strong working relationships with colleagues
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and manage own workload efficiently
- A particular interest in Staff Wellbeing initiatives
- A particular interest in improving Diversity and Inclusion
For an informal conversation about the role please call Clare Fardon on 01752 275203 (Monday – Wednesday). If outside these days please email requesting a call back.
To apply: Please send your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5th September
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.