The Ocean Conservation Trust is a charity focussed on habitat restoration and behaviour change, that owns and runs the National Marine Aquarium, one of Plymouth’s top tourist attractions.
We are recruiting a Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator to join our Operations department for a fixed term contract of 12 months working c. 22.5 hours per week at £10.75 per hour.
The responsibilities and skills for this role are outlined below:
Supporting the Head of Operations you will:
- Ensure the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and all related legislation (including environmental) are maintained with a high focus on public and staff safety.
- Carry out tasks to ensure Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) systems are implemented according to policy.
- Provide support to departments in the management of HS&E.
- Carry out tasks to deliver progress against HS&E action plans.
We are looking for someone who:
- Understands the H&S requirements associated with operating a public building and hazardous work areas.
- Has good problem-solving skills and has experience in working with HS&E systems.
- Is self-motivated and a good communicator.
- Has excellent organisational and administration skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ideally you will be qualified to a minimum of IOSH Managing Safely but this is not essential.
To apply: Please email your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to Heather Hine, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing Date: 13th May 2022 although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility in the form of a passport or birth certificate.
The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.