An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our team as our Finance Manager here at the Ocean Conservation Trust, home of the National Marine Aquarium
Our vision is of a world supporting a healthy ocean to sustain all life. We have been connecting people with the Ocean for over 20 years, encouraging everyone to #thinkocean!
· Contribute to the delivery of the OCT mission of ‘Connecting us with our Oceans’ by taking responsibility for all day-to-day financial transactions across the Ocean Conservation Trust group including sales and purchase ledger, bank and cash reconciliation, intercompany transactions and month end reconciliations, complex VAT arrangements and returns, gift aid administration and payroll.
· Assist the Head of Finance in providing a comprehensive financial and administrative support service to the group.
· Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring that financial recording and administrative procedures run smoothly and meet relevant legal standards and quality management systems.
· Play an active role in and work collaboratively with the Extended Management Team
· Manage and mentor the finance assistant.
· Process, reconcile, and analyse all transactions including Bank, VAT, Inter-company Balances, Prepayments and Accruals accurately and in a timely manner.
· Responsible for the full month end process ensuring all income and expenditure is accurately recorded including journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Manage the payroll and pension administration and complete all relevant PAYE and HMRC returns.
· Undertake gift aid administration and claim processing ensuring adherence to eligibility rules and guidance.
· Optimise and develop the benefit of any appropriate technology and systems.
· Support the Head of Finance in preparing for annual audits including the preparation of supporting schedules and evidence.
· Stay up to date with all relevant sector changes, training and CPD necessary for the role and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
· Support and provide cover at busy times for the wider finance department including cash management and purchase ledger.
· To always work in line with the OCT Mission and Values, working with others to provide a supportive, responsive environment and service.
· To always present a positive image of OCT, through every aspect of your work.
· Be AAT qualified or qualified by experience
· Accurate, analytical with exceptional attention to detail
· Be highly organised and able to show initiative, make decisions and be confident to deputise for the Head of Finance
· Be a self-starter who is proactive and with a positive, can-do attitude.
· Be a team player who can support every area of the finance function. Can build relationships across the team and be adaptable.
· Be a good communicator who can work under pressure, prioritise and adapt to change.
· Have significant accounts experience, including in the Charity Sector.
· Has a knowledge of charity accounting and trading subsidiaries.
· Be highly IT literate and confident at learning new systems and maximizing their use.
· Be a good communicator
· Have experience in Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced person with a strong work ethic looking to work in a fast-paced environment.
£30,000 – £32,000 dependent upon experience
For an informal conversation about the role please call Robbie Ince 01752 717028.
To apply: Please send your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to: Josie McKee (Butler Rose) J.McKee@butlerrose.com
CVs will be reviewed as they come in and interviews expected to take place the week commencing 28th November
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.