An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our team as our Assistant Finance Manager here at the Ocean Conservation Trust, home of the National Marine Aquarium.
Our vision is of a world supporting a healthy ocean to sustain all life. We have been connecting people with the Ocean for over 20 years, encouraging everyone to #thinkocean!
- Responsible for all day-to-day financial transactions across the Ocean Conservation Trust group including sales and purchase ledger, bank and cash reconciliation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations, complex VAT arrangements and returns, gift aid administration and payroll.
- Assist our Head of Finance in providing a comprehensive financial and administrative support service to the group.
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring that financial recording and administrative procedures run smoothly and meet relevant legal standards and quality management systems.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the provision of management information and creation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Manage and mentor the finance admin team
Our ideal Assistant Finance Manager is someone who:
- Will process, reconcile, analyse and report on all transactions including Bank, VAT, Inter-company Balances, Prepayments and Accruals accurately and in a timely manner.
- Has a knowledge of charity accounting and the workings of a trading subsidiary.
- Will support the Head of Finance in the production of accurate and timely management information.
- Will manage the payroll and pension administration and complete all relevant PAYE and HMRC returns.
- Will oversee all gift aid administration and claim processing ensuring adherence to eligibility rules and guidance.
- Will ensure the group is able to optimise and develop the benefit of any appropriate technology.
- Will be a crucial support to the Head of Finance in preparing for annual audits including the preparation of supporting schedules and evidence.
- Stays up to date with all relevant sector changes, training and CPD necessary for the role and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
The Perfect Fit
We’d expect you to:
- Be AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and with a can-do attitude.
- Be a team player who can build relationships across the team and be adaptable.
- Be a good communicator who can work under pressure, prioritise and adapt to change.
- Be analytical with an attention for detail.
- Have significant accounts experience, including in the Charity Sector.
- Be highly IT literate.
- Have experience in Sage and Sage Payroll.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced person with a strong work ethic looking to work in a fast-paced environment.
£28,000 to £30,000 dependent upon experience
For an informal conversation about the role please call Robbie Ince on 01752 717028.
To apply: Please send your full CV with a covering letter setting out your experience and suitability for the role to: Robbie Ince email@example.com
Closing date: 17th October
In line with current legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. The OCT operates an Equality and Diversity Policy and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under represented in the workforce.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.