Our award winning Ocean Squad programme has been designed to give teenagers a meaningful connection to the Ocean via fun experiences, inspirational learning and building new friendships with other likeminded young people.
Ocean Squad provides opportunities for small groups of up to 15 teenagers, with an in-depth experience, exposing them to their local marine environment. Sessions are designed to accommodate and inspire the interests of a spectrum of individuals through the mediums of science, art and other aspects of the marine world. They currently take place from our Ocean hub in Plymouth. Join our Ocean Discovery Rangers as we pack each day with exciting adventures linked to our Ocean.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE HAPPENING DURING OCEAN SQUAD?
- Behind the Scenes Tour
- Meet our Marine Biologists
- Boat trip to Drakes island for snorkelling and rockpolling
- Ocean Science experiments
- Sustainable fish cookery lesson
- Stand-up paddle boarding lesson
- Beach games
- Coral Reef engineering challenge
- Ocean graffiti
- Take your family and friends on a tour of the Aquarium
WHO’S IT FOR?
For all teenagers aged 11-15 with an interest in the Ocean!
As well as all the activities you’ll be doing, we’ll give you:
- Your very own Ocean Squad t-shirt
- A year’s pass to the National Marine Aquarium
- An exclusive Ocean Squad bag
WHEN’S IT HAPPENING?
There will be four Ocean Squad events within 2021. They will take place Monday- Friday during the Summer Holidays from 10am – 3pm. Just click ‘Book Tickets’ tab below:
Once you’ve booked your place we’ll contact you by email to give you all the information you’ll need to have a fun time with us. If you want to get hold of us though, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to contact us by:
Phone: 01752 275217
If for any reason you are unable to join us once you’ve bought your ticket, simply send us an email to let us know.
- 100% Refund for over 1 month notice.
- 50% Refund 2 weeks- 1 month notice.
- No refund for less than 2 weeks notice.